Saturday, September 26, 2015

Trip to Singapore- 1

Singapore is my 2nd country that I visited after Dubai. This visit happened within month after I returned from Dubai. Also, there is long list of blogs pending from trip to Dandeli, to Dubai as well as Singapore due to nature of my work which is kind of very hectic from last few months.

Unlike Dubai, I was on a short business visit to Singapore for 30 days which means I have 4 weekends and 8 full days for Singapore visit. I was very excited and also planned to utilize my time in Singapore effectively.

Singapore Flyer

Hotel Marina Bay sands to Singapore is what Burj Khalifa to Dubai

My Stay was at the Hotel Novotel, Clarke quay which is situated in the heart of the city for 1 week and in Hotel Holiday Inn express situated in Orchard road.
Let me tell you the places that I cover during my stay and I am quite satisfied as I covered good number of places.

Day 1: I covered Marina bay sands, Merlion Park, Little India, Esplanade, Mustafa café.
Day 2: I went to Singapore Flyer
Day 3: I went to Sentosa island, Universal studios
Day 4: I visited Botanical gardens
Day 5: Spend time in some coolest places in Clarky quay like Red dot and enjoyed the Green Beer of the Singapore.
Day 6: Visited garden by the bay
Day7:  Covered MacRitchie forest trails consisting of 11 km nature walk
Day 8: Visited Pulau Ubin island, known for cycling in a lush green pollution free environment. There is no diesel/petrol operated vehicles.
Day 9: Went to southern ridges that included Henderson waves consisting of 9 km walk.

Some of the other things that were on my list but I missed are, Jurong bird park, Night safari, Kusu Island.
I must say I was stunned by the greenery in the Singapore. I have not seen a place where you cannot see the trees. Also, there are so many parks and runners path/nature trail for people who love to take long walks amidst nature. For nature lover, it’s a heaven.

All these areas will be covered in detail in subsequent blogs. If you like this post, please like my Facebook page.

No comments:

You might also like: