Monday, June 3, 2013

Celebrating my 100th blog post

This is the 100th blog post so it deserves to be different. It will sort of summarize my journey on this platform. Let me divide this post in several sections and organize them in a Minutes of Meeting(MOM) fashion like we do in our IT Industry.The agenda for this post is as follows:

Courtesy: Google images/framefanatic.blogspot.com
  1. History
  2. Big thanks to my readers
  3. Thanks to Google for providing this platform
  4. What I write generally?
  5. What this blog means for me?
  6. Top posts
  7. Going forward
  1. History

    This section is needed as the vision and nature of this blog underwent a massive change. Previously, its name was “Rants and Raves” and the posts were more of a venting out of emotions close to what the title suggests. But as the time passed and I started travelling more, most of the posts were kind of Travelogue in nature. It becomes more of a microcosm of my dreams, lessons, fantasies and thoughts. Eventually, the final name comes out to be “Zindagi Express” which was very much related to the theme of this blog and also I was able to connect to this name more. 

    The first post of this blog was published on 15th May, 2011, some 2years and 1 month back.

    2 years back, when I started this blog out of boredom of my summer training in Kolkata, I wasn’t sure if I will be able to continue for so long. But now, I must say that I enjoy blogging so much that I really wished to continue it for the rest of my life. It is an amazing ways to store your memories and when you come to your posts written 2 years back, it surprises me every time how much I and my thought process has changed.
     

  2. Big thanks to my readers

    I would like to say thanks to all those who constantly read my blogs and encouraged me. If today I have completed 2years and publishing my 100th post, then my readers/motivators also have some role. Some of the names I would like to mention are as follows: 

    1. Divenita/ Nivedata who used to encourage me and point out the mistakes in my writing and commented on most of my posts
    2. Anil ingle for his strong criticism and pointing out my grammatical mistakes and actually playing the role of the follower i.e. by reading all the posts
    3. College juniors taking help from my blog to plan their travelogues/weekends around the college
    4. CA, my wife, who closely follows my every post, whom I have to convince many times about my real life stories that they are fictional. Hehe….
    5. Sunny tonk for his encouragement

    And to all others who have been there once.
     

  3. Thanks to Google for providing this platform

    I think this post will be incomplete without giving the credit to Google for providing this beautiful platform to express our ourselves. Although, many times, i have faced the issue with the blogger while uploading pics and related to formatting and all but still, Google deserves a big thanks. 

     

  4. What I write generally?

    This is something which is not new for you guys but let me again make some efforts and value your precious time. This blog is about fictional autobiographical stories, dreams, fantasies, unspoken things, lessons learned both from life and books, things unsaid blended with sarcasm and mockery. The word 'Express' in the title expresses my love for my traveling particularly in Indian Railways and covers another dimension of this blog i.e. Travelogues.

     

  5. What this blog means for me?

    This blog means a lot to me. It helps me in introspecting myself better. I have no intention of stopping this blog ever and would like to continue it till my life. In this way, it will provide me a storehouse for my memories and at the same time, helps my coming generation to know me better and to see things which perhaps will be vanish by then in this era of gadgets and technology in this fast changing world.

     

  6. Top posts

    The following list of posts is not based on the no. of hits which one can already see at my homepage under Bestsellers list but actually it is based on the comments and my perception and feelings.(not in any order)

    1. The joy of living in small cities

    2. The healing Power of Surgery - 1 

    3. Husband and Wife arguing about smoking: Quite emotional
       
    4. Type of people one encounter generally in the typical local bar 

    5. Tribute to MY Grandfather Part-1
       
    6. Exams time 

    7. Do you think boasting about your alcohol capacity is cool??

    8. Comfortably Numb

       

  7. Going forward 

     Like any other venture or hobby, i want this blog to grow and reach out to many more people. This blog will be continued like this only provided i get the ideas and opportunities to travel across the world. This blog does not focuses on any particular area but instead it is very generic in nature. I hope this blog will be able to woo you in future and give you a good content for reading in future and by respecting your precious time. 

    Thanks for your visit. 

    Please don't disappear this time without leaving your comment which is my dose for writing more.


No comments:

You might also like: