- You cannot change anybody but yourself. Instead of complaining about anything or everything, you can work upon yourself to always maintain your calm simply because you cannot change anybody else but definitely work on yourself.
- Always have the attitude of gratitude and feel blessed for all what we have instead of complaining about what we don't. Always remember there are millions of people who dream of living our life. If you are still not convinced, have a look on handicapped people around us and thank god. You must have heard a quote, "I always complain about my old shoes unless I saw the person without legs." Courtesy- Anonymous
- Never complain instead confront problems with smile because only our reaction is under our control and not everything.
- This world is very friendly place to live and god want all of us to do the best in our lives.
- Trust people openly no matter how many times you are hurt because Out of every 10 cases, you will get a person for life in 7 cases and may feel hurt 3 times. Everybody is like us and nobody really wants to hurt anybody. It is just the circumstances which make people do such things. Sometimes, we also hurt others.
- Appreciate nature. For me, nature is a biggest source of inspiration for me. Feel the wind, plants, waterfalls, tress, everything around us and you will be amazed to think that we take so many things for granted. Sun, Trees gives their heat, light and shade to everyone without any prejudice and as well with detachment. Such should be the nature of the mankind.
- Don't think too much. Just believe in your capabilities. Try to live in present. When life is not getting your way, always think that life has some better plan for you and which is of course better that your path as it is planned by god itself.
- Try to take care of your health because in order to live a life fully, you must possess good health.
Saturday, July 21, 2012
It is not that I am claiming myself some guru or what but believe me in these challenging times, keeping in mind the following points will definitely help.
There are not my original points but sort of compilations of different talks and speeches I have came across and which i modeled as per as my convenience. Coming back to these points is what I do when i feel low.
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Writing something after long time is not an easy task especially when you are working. In college, I wrote so many blogs with average of 8 blogs every month but after college ended in April,2012, not a single blog was written. It was not that I am not having time but it is because after college so many changes had taken place in my life that every time, I plan to write something, the idea of sharing so many things discourages me and as a result, I ended up in some other activity.
I got engaged with Chhavi Aggarwal, one of my classmates in school on 17th April. Please don’t confuse it with a love marriage, the question many people asks when they came to know we are from the same class. I always told them, if I knew her so closely in school as I know her now, I will definitely be fall into love with her. She is beyond my imaginations and I am very lucky to have her as my wife.
My joining in corporate was from 21st May in Bangalore. We made the best use of 1 month and met around 13, 14 times. We went everywhere in Saharanpur we thought of going before I left my home for job.
Today, I reminisced how difficult it was for me to leave on 18th May . Holding her hand first time, proposing her, giving red roses to her, saying ‘darling’ to her first time are the moments very closed to my heart and now sleeping at night without listening to her voice became impossible. I am not writing this post to impress her or something like that but just to warm up myself before I return to my blog in a full-fledged manner.
Besides this, presently I am in Hyderabad. Last 1 month is sort of transition and I felt like I am in a travelling job but I enjoyed. Actually after spending 3 weeks in Bangalore which is about Induction, I got the project in Hyderabad. It is only yesterday that I have shifted in my 3 bhk flat which is I am sharing with 2 more guys. Finally, I unpacked my luggage after 1 month and was surprised to see many things which I almost forgot.
My marriage is planned in November. Besides, there are lot of things like planning Honeymoon, shopping.
I will return to this post as soon as I get the time. Let it be published as saving it again in the draft will serve no purpose and also it lost its meaning after sometime.
Jaya : An Illustrated Retelling of the Mahabharata, is a beautiful condensed story of our great and one of the longest epic written in very simple and easy writing style by Mr. Devdutt Pattanaik, Chief Belief Officer of Future Group. Devdutt had managed to hook the reader throughout the novel by his art of storytelling. It is my first read of the Devdutt and I am looking forward to read more novels. I have already buy Myth = Mythya. I came to know about him in our Management class of Organization behavior by our faculty.
I would say it a must read if you have never been introduced to Mahabharata. It is good for the starters who sometimes shy away from the book considering it very long. Even if you have watched the serial on Television, it would be a good read. The best part about it is that it includes a lot of small regional stories which are not included in the other similar novels or TV serial. And also, the scope for the confusion is minimized by mentioning the different beliefs systems or different stories in the different parts by mentioning it explicitly. Also, it entails a lot of information through bullet points which are at the end of every chapter. In my case, as soon as the confusion arose, I referred the bullet points and it was solved.
I have also read the Great Indian Novel by Shashi Tharoor which is about comparing the epic with Modern India. Different characters like Gandhi, Nehru, Bose are compared with different characters of Mahabharata.
The part of Mahabharata in which Krishna gave the Geeta was bit short in the novel but that is okay as that was complete book in itself. One of the best dialogues I like is Krishna is wisdom and Arjuna is action and both of them are present inside us.
I am also planning to read the book on Mahabharata by Gurcharan das, the difficulty of being good.
To conclude, I would say you can read this if you are a starter or less than 30 as the novel is full of cartoons and pictures which are to impress the youth or attract the children but if you have really read Mahabharata 2,3 times by different authors, then I doubt if you will be moved.